Am 27.01.2016 um 14:45 schrieb Stefan Braun:
Hi,
i do this in my plugins in the following way (Channel is a cChannel object):
bool isRadio = !Channel->Vpid() && Channel->Apid(0);

cheers Louis

Well, I should have mentioned, that this is about a player plugin. So the stream it receives from VDR might be a recording as well. The question more precisely is, how do I get the video pid and audio pid (or be sure there is no video pid) out of the stream. I guess I need to parse it.
Or if there is a better way of doing this.
Joerg

*Gesendet:* Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2016 um 11:48 Uhr
*Von:* "Joerg Riechardt" <j.riecha...@gmx.de>
*An:* "vdr@linuxtv.org" <vdr@linuxtv.org>
*Betreff:* [vdr] determine within plugin, whether radio or tv station
Hi,
what is a safe way to determine within a plugin, whether the stream it
is receiving from VDR is a radio or a tv stream?
There are tv streams with slowly changing still pictures, there are
radio plugins which insert grafical information, so I am not sure if
this could be achived by analysing the stream.
Of cause there is the video pid. Is there a standard way to get that to
the plugin?
Do I think to complicated or am I missing something?
The plugin needs to know within less than 100ms after start of stream.
Joerg