Hi fnu,

Thank you for your answer.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:29:58 +0200
"fnu" <v...@auktion.hostingkunde.de> wrote:

> Dear Patrick,
> changes in "sources.conf" are IIRC only necessary if you have a
> DiSEqC configuration controlled by VDR. But using a/the generic
> sources.conf doesn't harm VDR operation, I guess most users do have
> one without DiSEqC.

That seems to be true. Before looking at the code of the satip-plugin I
thought that I could limit magically the created (virtual)
satipDevices to the Sources assigned to them via the diseqc.conf.

> You may use a workaround by using CAID field for specific adapter:
> https://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Syntax_of_channels.conf#CA_-_Conditional_access

Yeah, no, I don't like this.
> But I do not now if it is possible to cover more than 4 devices and
> no good idea how to tie a SAT>IP device always to the same number.

As said above, I dug into the code and saw that nothing can be done with
standard vdr-config-files. Neither diseqc.conf nor sources.conf can

However, I added some code and now it works as I wanted it to work.

I did this by adding a Source-member to the satipFrontend created by
satipServer and in satipFrontend::Assign() I additionally check whether
the requested source can be delivered by this frontend.

In my environment, where I have one VDR which will use all
satip-devices, this is exactly what I need.

Now, how to get that correctly done?

Automatic detection? I haven't seen any option on the Octopus-device
that would help the satip-plugin to identify automatically the
source/input when it does the discovery.

So, I'd opt for the command-line-parameter-option: I'd add an
additional parameter to the plugin which will assign the correct source
to the satipFrontend. Which would only work if the -s-option is given.
Maybe it could be even part of the -s-option.. Let's try:



  --server=|DVBS2-4|Octo1|S19.2E,S19.2E,S19.2E,S19.2E; \|DVBS2-2,DVBT2-2|Octo2|S28.2E,S28.2E,T,T

Looks good to me. I'll try that. 

This will surely work, however, right now, the satip-plugin does not
use the fe=-parameter the RTSP-URL for that. So even with this syntax,
it won't be possible to mix different satellites on _one_ Octopus NET.

Like '[..]Octo2|S28.2E,S19.2E,S28.2E,S19.2E' wouldn't work without
changing the URL-creation-method. It even looked like that the URL is
created before the satipFrontend is chosen. That would have to be

best regards,
Patrick Boettcher

vdr mailing list

Reply via email to