I remember that Rolf always does suggest to use "OctopusNet" or "minisatip"
as device name.
So your definition is recommended to look like this:
The other stuff, hmm, I don't know, as the plugin follows quite straight the
SAT>IP specifications. Your add-on is maybe the point to discuss with the
original author Rolf.
Von: Patrick Boettcher [mailto:patrick.boettc...@posteo.de]
Gesendet: Montag, 18. Juli 2016 17:43
An: fnu <v...@auktion.hostingkunde.de>
Cc: 'VDR Mailing List' <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Betreff: Re: [vdr] Sat>IP-plugin: how to configure 2 DD Octopus NETs with
Thank you for your answer.
On Mon, 18 Jul 2016 10:29:58 +0200
"fnu" <v...@auktion.hostingkunde.de> wrote:
> Dear Patrick,
> changes in "sources.conf" are IIRC only necessary if you have a DiSEqC
> configuration controlled by VDR. But using a/the generic sources.conf
> doesn't harm VDR operation, I guess most users do have one without
That seems to be true. Before looking at the code of the satip-plugin I
thought that I could limit magically the created (virtual) satipDevices to
the Sources assigned to them via the diseqc.conf.
> You may use a workaround by using CAID field for specific adapter:
Yeah, no, I don't like this.
> But I do not now if it is possible to cover more than 4 devices and no
> good idea how to tie a SAT>IP device always to the same number.
As said above, I dug into the code and saw that nothing can be done with
standard vdr-config-files. Neither diseqc.conf nor sources.conf can help.
However, I added some code and now it works as I wanted it to work.
I did this by adding a Source-member to the satipFrontend created by
satipServer and in satipFrontend::Assign() I additionally check whether the
requested source can be delivered by this frontend.
In my environment, where I have one VDR which will use all satip-devices,
this is exactly what I need.
Now, how to get that correctly done?
Automatic detection? I haven't seen any option on the Octopus-device that
would help the satip-plugin to identify automatically the source/input when
it does the discovery.
So, I'd opt for the command-line-parameter-option: I'd add an additional
parameter to the plugin which will assign the correct source to the
satipFrontend. Which would only work if the -s-option is given.
Maybe it could be even part of the -s-option.. Let's try:
Looks good to me. I'll try that.
This will surely work, however, right now, the satip-plugin does not use the
fe=-parameter the RTSP-URL for that. So even with this syntax, it won't be
possible to mix different satellites on _one_ Octopus NET.
Like '[..]Octo2|S28.2E,S19.2E,S28.2E,S19.2E' wouldn't work without changing
the URL-creation-method. It even looked like that the URL is created before
the satipFrontend is chosen. That would have to be changed.
vdr mailing list