On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 03:53:08PM +0300, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 07/06/2012 01:15 AM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:

I agree that a message bus could be a very useful model of communication between
ovirt-engine components and multiple vdsm instances.  But the complexities and
dependencies of AMQP do not make it suitable for use as a low-level API.  AMQP
will repel new adopters.  Why not establish a libvdsm that is more minimalist
and can be easily used by everyone?  Then AMQP brokers can be built on top of
the stable API with ease.  All AMQP should require of the low-level API are
standard function calls and an events mechanism.

> >Thanks
> >Robert
> >>That might be true regarding the current in-tree implementation.
> >>However, I can
> >>almost guarantee that someone wanting to write a web GUI on top of
> >>standalone
> >>vdsm would want a REST API to talk to.  But libvdsm makes this use
> >>case of no
> >>concern to the core vdsm developers.

> >>Ok.  Redoubling my efforts to get this done.  Describing the output of
> >>list(True) takes awhile :)

Adam Litke <a...@us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center