On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 07:16:33PM +0800, Zhou Zheng Sheng wrote:
> In the latest version of pep8 checking tool, the rules are very strict.
> Currently the VDSM project applies a less strict rule set by suppressing
> some errors from pep8. You can find them at Makefile.am . Under the
> "check-local:" target, you will see
>
> --ignore=E121,E122,E123,E124,E125,E126,E127,E128,E241
>

> I know some of us using editor plugins to check pep8 erros. Those
> plugins invoke flake8/pep8 and report errors. To ignore some rules not
> needed by VDSM in the editor, create a file in ~/.config/pep8 and input
> the text as follow.
>
> [pep8]
> ignore=E121,E122,E123,E124,E125,E126,E127,E128,E241

For those wondering what those codes are,
https://github.com/jcrocholl/pep8/wiki/ErrorCodes lists:

E121: continuation line indentation is not a multiple of four
E122: continuation line missing indentation or outdented
E123: closing bracket does not match indentation of opening bracket's line
E124: closing bracket does not match visual indentation
E125: continuation line does not distinguish itself from next logical line
E126: continuation line over-indented for hanging indent
E127: continuation line over-indented for visual indent
E128: continuation line under-indented for visual indent
E241: multiple spaces after ','