On 05/02/2013 01:30 PM, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:
On 05/02/2013 05:22 AM, Mark Wu wrote:
Hi Dan,

Since the repo of virt-preview for fedora17 is not maintained after fedora 18 was released, it could be difficult to install the packages vdsm master branch requires on fedora17.
Currently i cannot install VDSM on Fedora 18 without packages from koji or enabling rawhide, when trying to install vdsm/master.

So do we still maintain vdsm for fedora17? Do we need consider if the patch to upstream will cause break on fedora17?
I wish we would do, but then again do we want to limit ourselves so that we cannot use some things we would use otherwise?
For me, it's not very meaningful to support master branch on old distro releases, especially for old fedora.

Thanks.
Mark