Hi,

We have 2 Windows servers which will be installed and configured with Netbackup
V7.

The plan is to use one of the servers as a 'hot' standby machine and only use
if/when the primary server fails for any reason.

There is no budget for full clustering which would be ideal so I was wondering
if anyone has any experience or suggestions for this kind of cheap resilience
scenario. I did plan to rsync (or copy in Windows) the Netbackup database on a
regular basis and test everything would work as expected after turning off the
primary server but hopefully someone has a better suggestion.

All the clients are Windows so I would put both Master servers in the client
configuration and also add all the clients to the both Netbackup master
servers. I did plan on stopping the Netbackup daemons and only start if a
failover was required.??

Please note, this is a disk to disk solution only no tapes are involved which
may make things easier or even harder!!.