From: jpis...@lucidpixels.com
To: sharma.anu...@hotmail.com; veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu;
veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] Splitting NetBackup Domain to Two
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 16:14:19 -0500

Hi Anurag Sharma, There are probably quite a few ways to approach this
problem.I’ve done master+media+robot moves/migrations on a regular basis for
quite some time. The first question you have to ask yourself is for the data in
Site B—how long until the data expires on the tapes in this robot or can you
move It to site A in the meantime?  My recommendation would be as follows: 1.
    Move the tapes with data on them from SITE B to SITE A2.       Add
FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER MEDIA_B MEDIA_A in bp.conf so it will restore from
the media server in Site A (assuming the tape medium is compatible).3.
Rebuild/re-install NetBackup fresh as a new installation at Site B and setup
accordingly.4.       I would advise against intermingling two separate master
server environments. Justin.  From: veritas-bu-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu