If you are going to do this, and size the media server at site B appropriately,
then...

Set up each as Auto Image Replication sites for each other.  You have VTL at
both sites, so you should be able to replicate.
Don't be afraid to fund an additional media server for domain B.

Hopefully, the OS for existing & prospective master are the same.  The server
hardware base should be similar, but not on the identical refresh schedule (you
don't want to have to refresh both in the same year).

I'm assuming you have WAN stability problems and are fed up with it.  We have
five NetBackup domains within 40 miles on the map around the San Francisco Bay
area.  We've gone thru fission and fusion.  From the Central Time Zone, it
makes so much sense to consolidate to one domain with media servers and storage
units in each data center.  From an operational stability standpoint, 5 nights
of failed backups a month because of the WAN is not tolerable.
Try to manage both domains as if they were the same domain.  Use the same
naming conventions for policies, storage units, etc...

The biggest operational challenge is turning domain B on.  Media handling is
the biggest issue.  Give the media owned by media/master B to media for A so
you can track it.  Physical tape is easy.  VTL "tapes" are less so.  You are
going to be able to import the tapes into domain B once you get the B master
created.  It's starting from scratch.  The media known in domain A is
essentially for a working list retained so you can use it to complete and
verify your imports into domain B.

Good luck.