Hello All,

Has anyone used ZFS as part of a Veritas Cluster Server failover-cluster?

I am currently looking at a solution where Solaris Zones are being
considered as a virtualisation solution and the combination of Zones and
ZFS looks promising. The chosen high-availability software in this
organisation is VCS and I am looking at the possibility of combining
Zones/ZFS with VCS to provide DR. Please note that Sun Cluster is not
being considered at the moment as it is not supported within the
organisation.

I am aware that Zones have been integrated with VCS since version 4.1,
but I am interested in the experiences of people who have integrated ZFS
with VCS.

I understand that ZFS competes directly with storage foundation and that
Symantec may not be overly concerned about supporting ZFS.

Any input would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Nathan Dietsch