It should be possible to use one set of Oracle binaries for multiple Oracle
instances, I think - somebody please correct me if I am wrong.  Unless it
was a very strange situation, you would almost certainly need to have one
copy of the identical binaries in identical locations on each of the three
nodes though (or one copy on NFS, or a cluster filesystem that was globally
accessible), so that really wouldn't be one copy of Oracle binaries, I
guess.

That said, I have generally not done that for the following reasons:

1) Disk space keeps getting cheaper and the binaries don't take up that much
space (relatively speaking).

2) People virtually always forget to make changes (e.g. patching) to all
three nodes equally - they patch one, or something like that, and they
always get out of sync.  For this reason I generally prefer the binaries on
shared storage, failing over with the data, but there are valid reasons not
to do it this way too.

3) Someday someone might want upgrade for one of the instances, but not the
others.  At that point you have the possibility of some screwing up one or
more of the instances you didn't want to upgrade.

As for the Database Agent Configuration Wizard, I don't know because I never
use it.  It may be expecting to put the binaries under cluster control and
fail them over, and when it tries to do that for a second instance, it
notices the conflict and flakes out, but I would hope it would have sense
enough to emit a meaningful error message rather than throwing a bunch of
Java exceptions.