> If I have more than one LUNs ..lets say if i have  LUNs to mirror 5
> volumes...will the command "vxassist -g <dg> -mirror <volname>" work? How
> does vxassist know what disk to choose ?

Not -mirror, just mirror.

If no storage specification is given, it will just pick some place in
the pool that is available.

You can put your own storage specification at the end, such as:

vxassist -g <dg> mirror <volname>  diskXX

See the 'vxassist' man page, especially the "Storage Specifications"
section.

> Can I use vxmake to mirror the volume ?

Yes, but it is not recommended.  It is very easy to create something
very close that *almost* mirrors the existing data, but doesn't really.
(I know, I've done it!
http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/pipermail/veritas-vx/2000-February/000047.html)

Vxassist has checks in place so that the command will fail instead of
appear to work if things don't line up properly.

There are some configurations that vxassist will not produce that you
could do by hand with vxmake/vxplex/etc., but those should be rare
enough that you won't run into them much.

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]