-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of A Darren
Dunham
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 1:13 PM
To: veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-vx] Remove rootmirror disk to patch solaris os ?

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 10:03:09AM -0400, Hudes, Dana wrote:
> LU itself doesn't completely support VM. You can use a VM volume as
the
> target instead of a disk slice but its going to put a ufs filesystem
in
> there.

That's not a big deal.  Unless you're dealing with some development
stuff on Solaris, you can only boot from UFS anyway.

> I understand that Veritas provides supporting utilities for use with
LU,
> I haven't used them personally.

I haven't seen that.

One configuration detail used to be an issue, and I don't know if it's
gone away in recent releases.  The 'root' volume used to be special.  It
had a minor number of 0, so it was impossible to have two volumes in a
diskgroup that could be a valid boot filesystem.  That would give an
LU-like tool more flexibility with VxVM volumes.

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]