The modal approach to the Update operation is somewhat restrictive,
yes. What it does allow is to see the verbose transcript of the update
operation as it happens. How do you see that working if multiple
repositories updated simultaneously.

It's important to remember that Versions is a GUI for Subversion. How
would you accomplish this simultaneous update at the command line? You
couldn't without several consoles active, but you'd still have to
trigger each update manually, unless you wrote a script.

So that brings us back to the Mac. I'd like to see Versions have a
built-in AppleScript dictionary of commands, as well as be automated
by Automator. Is this on the Versions' team to-do list at all? That
would allow end users like us to create our own such solutions.

~Ted