My comment about discussing Merge on this list was to make this point: The list is hosted by Sofa. It's their living room and we're guests invited to discuss Versions.

Comments comparing Versions and other products would probably be very helpful to people who are still in the decision making process. There are other places to post that. I hope that you all do.

Here, I like the generally low but relevant traffic. I think it's most appropriate to talk about how we get the most out of Versions. Ask for features, compare and contrast with the competition, but don't plug the competition. Perhaps it's a matter of the amount of discussion and the tone.

FWIW, I never would have gotten version control adopted in our web shop without a GUI like Versions to make it easy to use and accept. Then, once you've got people and processes put together around version control, maybe you can move on to a different tool.