Hi!

I love Veusz! I worked with Origin for a decade and I loved it for the
flexibility to play with the data, make a fit,
plot it this or that way.

Now I found veusz that brings the same capabilities as Origin to me and it is
programmed in my favorite language, python.

One of our customers likes us to  build up a facility for visualizing CAN data
from automotive sources.
The data source are HDF5 files that will evolve in complexity.

I am building up an import dialog for complex HDF5 files for Veusz right at the
moment. Since my customer
supports Open-Source I would like to share the outcome of the HDF5-Dialog with
the community.

Veusz at the moment promotes import-plugins that are handled by a generic
import-plugin-Dialog.
That generic Dialog is not capable to deal with the complexity of HDF5.

So I have had to dig deeper and added a new Class ImportTabHDF5 to the
importDialog File and added a new UI-Resource-File.

While patching the code I feel bad. It is a hack but no solution. I would like
to contribute to build a modular Import-dialog-Framework that
is capable to assimilate the new Code I will bring in. That will be no great
deal, just moving a few classes into a base module and organize
that the qt-resources are
bound to an external data structure.

Here we are. Two programmers ready to work with you. Please give us orders. :-)

Best Regards

Volker

--
Dr. Volker Jaenisch
Geschäftsführer

Inqbus GmbH & Co. KG
Softwareentwicklung, Consulting & Hosting
Karl-Heine-Straße 99 | 04229 Leipzig | Deutschland

Telefon: +49 341 989758-54
Fax: +49 341 989758-79
E-Mail: volker.jaeni...@inqbus.de
Web: http://inqbus.de/

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: Inqbus Management GmbH (Amtsgericht
Leipzig, HRB 27350)
Vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer: Maik Derstappen, Dr. Volker Jaenisch,
Thomas Massmann, Markus Zapke-Gründemann

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Registernummer: HRA 16424

Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE278744671