From: f...@tribcsp.com
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: [VFB] Re: my mess-finally- material bag hangers
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:46:09 -0600

Ashley,
I noticed on your photo that you like to hang your long material bags on a rod,
using the hole in the header card.  I designed a small plastic stick-on hook
and gave it to a packaging outlet line here (U-Line), and now thay are up to
three versions, so I guess it's popular.  It sticks to the header card at the
top and hangs from the hook portion, making the bags of material removable from
the rod without having to take all of the ones off between the one you want and
the end of the rod (as you must if using the holes).

I did find that after a couple of years that the adhesive degraded and my bags
were falling off of the pegs (I use rods and pegs), leaving the plastic hook
hanging.  I found that by stapling the adhesive portion to the header card that
this doesn't happen, and I can also store much heavier stuff now in hanging
bags.  (A doubled-up hook holds quite a bit.)

As I mentioned, this allows the easy use of peg-board rods to store bagged
material without having to take off all the bags in front to get to the one in
back.

I also started using the zipper-pouches that drapes and linen and such come in
for material bags.  By using a peg-board with cross rods extended out on
peg-rods, I can hang these using my hooks (some come with hooks- not holes) and
have easy access to bulk materials like deer, elk, foam, etc.  These contoured
bags are thick- 1/2" to 2", so they don't crush your materials while hanging.
The 3-sided zipper (on some) makes accessing the contents easy.

If you want photos to show how I'm doing it, let me know.