I'm right-handed and I've always reeled right handed after changing the
rod from right hand to left I know that in the time it takes to change
the rod from right hand to left hand has cost me a fish or two, but try
as I may, I just can't get the hang of reeling left-handed.  I've had
this trouble with my bait casting reel but it doesn't seem to affect how
quick I strike at a bass.

I've sat at my tying bench with a reel attached to a reel seat held the
handle in my right hand and reeled left-handed until I'm blue in the
face. After about 5 minutes, reeling left-handed seems natural, BUT  . .
. . when I get on the stream and a fish takes, I fall back into the
switching rod from right to left hand and then reeling with my right hand.

I'll try doubly hard to reel left-handed on the next fish, but even if I
don't make the switch, my reeling is an uncoordinated jerky motion.

Maybe I've just got a mental block.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

JIMMY D