  From: Jimmy D. Moore
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 1:09 PM
  Subject: [VFB] Re: Reeling left-handed

  Thanks George. ÊI vaguely remember Lefty saying that. If it's good enough for
Lefty, it's good enough for me.Ê So I'll just keep on doing it my way. Ê

  Thanks for your input

  George E Vincent wrote:

    Jimmy, I know we have had this discussion on this list before. I do it the
same as you, that is cast with my right arm and switch to my left when I catch
a fish to reel it in. This is the way that I was taught and the way that fly
rods and reels were set up to be used by right-handed people at least back in
the 50s when I learned to fly fish.
    BTW this is also the way that Lefty Kreh says that it should be done,
because you are using your dominant hand to do the work.
    I don't know when they started teaching right-handed people to cast with
the right and reel with the left, but as far as I am concerned they are wrong.
    George Vincent