On 12/3/13, 11:48 AM, Don Ordes wrote:
But I did catch the gator- ask my sister. She had to take me to the clinic to get
bandaged up after it bit me.

Oh, I believed that part, Don. I assumed that was part of the fun of growing up in the bayous. <G>

We were both successful in staying out of the reach of the gators on our trip. I did get one nasty scratch while trying to take a little gar off the popper, though.

Martha hopped out of the car at one point to take a close-up of a pretty flower. I got out, walked over to her, and said, "Stand still and give me the camera." I then pointed it down and to the right and got a very good close-up of a little (3-footer) gator in the grass about 3 feet from her feet. What was funny was that she didn't even see it while I was taking the picture. I had to point it out to her. Those suckers can hide well in the grass.

There were a few big ones close enough to the road that we stayed in the car. You know - those wimpy Yankees. <G>

Fun trip.  Lots of memories.

af

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VFB Mail" group.