Allan,
I’m not “little” yet by a long cry, but I don’t think Buggs would recognize me
right off.  Did ya catch any gators on the fly? Should’a asked me for my
‘gator-fly’. I would have sent it.

VFB List:
A big howdy to all those remaining on the list.  How many are IOFF’ers?

My thoughts are with all that replied who are going through physical trials. As
some have mentioned, physical trials are compounded when they are accompanied
by tragic losses of ones close to us.

This summer was a bust for us because we lost a dear friend- my wife’s best
friend for 15 years, who with her husband were our camping buddies. She was a
Type-1 diabetic and at 55 all of a sudden she was gone from a heart attack.  I
made it to the river once when I was feeling up to it and got blown away by the
wind, so fishing never really happened. Maybe next summer.

I’d like to meister the ‘blizzard swap’, but I ‘m thinking work may be taking
me to North Dakota soon and that means just surviving the winter.  I’m glad it
wasn’t this week, as they are expecting temps of -50°F down to -70°F possibly
(real, not wind chill). I’ve been in -62°F (1978 Jackson Hole- real temp.)-
that was cold enough for me.  (FYI- Propane stops boiling at –43.6°F, so you
could cut the top off a propane cylinder and look inside and see the propane
liquid @ -44°F.) That’s cold.

So if someone wants to step up and meister the swap, I’ll sign up with ice-dub,
seal, and Yeti-hair caddis-fly nymphs. Hopefully there’s no more that 12 as
that is a nice size swap.

DonO