Went to Aspen for a family reunion. My brother in law turned 70, so we all got
together to give him two surprises. One when he got home from work and we were
all in his living room yelling SURPRISE!

The next day our sister in law rented a room on the top floor of the Challet
facing Aspen Mountain. They are both avid skiers so it was very appropriate.

I actually got to fish Friday afternoon and caught one nice Brookie, but the
best part was watching a guide just a short way upstream from me land a LARGE
Rainbow. At first we thought it was a Cuthrought, but the coloring was a little
off.

Monday I got to fish the lake at Maroon Bells. Very picturesque and got a
little Rainbow before the wind and rain and snow chased me off.

Tuesday I got all the way up to the Rudei Reservoir before realizing that I
left my vest home that contained all my midges and tiny nymphs as well as my
license. Had to drive all the way back to Aspen which is about 25 miles. Half
way down the river I stopped at Frying Pan Anglers fly shop and he actually
gave me a duplicate license and sold me some midges. That saved me about an
hour.

Got back up to the river and saw two guys land some nice fish. About a 20"
brown and a24" rainbow. Rigged up and got in the water and fished hard for
about 2 hours before the wind and cold feet got the best of me.

FRYING PAN -----1-----

Awesome trip even though the catching was not so good. The views are
spectacular and awe inspiring. Going to Aspen has never disappointed.
I am truly blessed to be able to experience all of God's wonders.

Sent from my iPad

Thank You,
Alan Di Somma
Phoenix, AZ.

Some mistakes are just too much fun to make only once.