Wow, Charlie, those Crappie are bigger than the ones we have here in TEXAS, I'm sorry to admit! Doesn't take many to make a dinner at that size, but I'm sure you were practicing C & R.

JIMMY  D

Charlie Bonner wrote:

Took the wife and children fishing yesterday evening. They caught a lot of bass on spinner and I caught a lot of fish on a gummy minnow and a clauser minnows. Crappie were really shallow and we also ended up catching a bunch of big crappie. These ponds are stocked by the owners and they are all between 3-5 pounds well fed and they look like footballs but fun with the flyrod and extra enjoyable for the children.




-- ******************************************************************* Jimmy D. Moore - Scout Exec. BSA (Ret.), TOWA, TF&G Contributor, GRTU Past VP. Past Pres. McGregor Rotary. Freelance Outdoor writer, humorist and half-assed Texan.

Author - "MOON HOLLER MISFITS Fishing & Hunting Club", © http://home.earthlink.net/~rayado/rayadoflyfishingflypatternstips/index.html

********************************************************************
"Being able to read trout streams is just as valuable to a fly fisherman as the 
ability to read a defense is to an NFL Quarterback."

Jimmy D. Moore - © [2004]
*******************************************************************












Reply via email to