Hi, my name is Peter Paddon, and while I've done a lot of things
with video, computers and web applications, I'm completely new to
video blogging - in fact, while I've designed web applications
professionally, created instructional DVDs and even edited a feature
film (it was rubbish), I only started a blog of any sort a couple of
weeks ago, and I did my first audio podcast today.

I have place video clips on my website, using Flash, but the thing
that I'm really interested in learning about is the use of RSS with
video.

By the way, I'm a Brit living in Los Angeles, and I love making
things: stained glass, leathercraft, armor, swords, furniture, and
generally, a mess.

As far as tools for this particular task go, I have a Sony DCR TRV38
camcorder and access to a Panasonic DVX100, I edit with Adobe
Premiere Pro, and build DVDs with Adobe Encore. I use Macromedia
DreamWeaver MX 2004 to make my websites, and Sonar 4 to record
audio. Other toys I have include Serious Magic Visual Communicator
Pro 2 and Ultra Key (the old version). I use Sorenson Squeeze to
convert my video files.

Other trivia: I'm married for the second time, have two teenage kids
in the UK and a married stepdaughter here in the US (plus grandson).
I work for one of the major studios as part of the team that creates
the DVD releases of the studios theatrical releases. Luckily I enjoy
watching movies. I've had two books published on the religion of
Ancient Egypt, and plan on writing more on several subjects. Oh yes,
I love cooking authentic Indian curries and also traditional Welsh
dishes (my family are Welsh). Guitar, keyboards and trivbal drums
are my musical instruments, though I want to learn to play the
Celtic harp one day. There, that's about it.

Individual Fireant Typepad