--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "R. Kristiansen"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I agree, there are no timelines, no transitions, or titling tools in
> QT Pro. And still, I have managed to vlog for 7 months using QT pro
> 99% of the time. So clearly, it IS possible to vlog with QT pro.
>
> With time, I will make a bunch of screencasts documenting how I at
> least use QT pro. That's a project i've procrastinated for 6 months,
> argh.

Oh man I would love to see those screencasts Raymond.  I've thought
about QuickTime Pro a few times, but have never REALLY understood what
it was that I was buying! :-P

Forgive me my ignorance, I'm a windows  user who wanted to produce QT
movies ... and apple.com says QT Pro will do it ... so I've considered it.

But then everyone says it has no timeline, no titling, no transitions
... etc ... I'm just having a real hard time imagining how it manages
to do thoe 'other cool stuff' it can do ... whatever that is.

I haven't found any real good info online about it either ... maybe I
just am not getting it because I'm used to timeline / windows
environment - but if somone could vlog a) what QT Pro can do for you
as oppossed to say ulead's 'video studio 9' (which can save .mov
files) and b) how QT actually does what it does (the interface I
mean), I would be  veary eager to see that vlog.

I need to get a new editor ... and I've wasted too much money now on
products that look better on the shelf than on the hard drive.

- Dave