Well, we shouldn´t approach our last nerve regarding anything on this
list, in my opinion.

People have different perspectives. Within a few simple rules, like
"Don´t just send some press release to the mailing list", I think we
should be pretty liberal.

I agree with Clint: If you don´t like the money talk (which I also
find slightly boring at times), then just ignore those threads. I am
myself very interested in Matt´s work on vlogmap.org, and there are a
zillion other things we can discuss on this list.

Let´s praise the different approaches to videoblogging and engage in
discussions at will. Personally I have almost 600 unread messages in
the "videoblogging yahoogroups" folder. Some of you have thousands.
Let´s build discussions, share perspectives, and explore how
videoblogging can affect our lives, society ar large, and ... all
kinds of things.

Peace!

Best,

Raymond M. Kristiansen
heia Norge!

On 8/11/05, Clint Sharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> LeanBackVids.com wrote:
>

> > First of all, someone already got flamed for talking about money and
> > they were suggested to create the other group.  Here is her related
> > rant....

> > And for the record, I am not concerned about topics.  It just gets old
> > reading about how important money is to people who will probably never
> > see it.  I'd bet anyone here that 99% of us don't ever get paid.
> >
> > -Matt
> > --------------------------------------
> > http://www.leanbackvids.com/videoblog/
> >

> There is no shortage of division over the topic of money in this group.
> However, if people are truly interested in fragmentation, we can make
> that happen, I just don't think it's in the best interest of anyone at
> at this point.
>
> Secondly, you're contradicting yourself.  You can't not be concerned
> about various topics and be tired of hearing people talk about a subject
> that bothers you, which is money.  Which is it?  You're either concerned
> or not.  Whether people actually make money is irrelevant (some will,
> some won't).  It's also blatantly obvious that 99% will never get paid
> any significant money, because that's exactly how blogging has already
> played out and it's exactly how podcasting and vlogging will play out.
> Actually, I'd bet in the end more like 99.9%, because frankly most
> people are not going to be interested in making money off of it.
> However, the ones that are should have a place here to discuss it, and
> the people who have a problem with it can ignore it, like good list
> members.  Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy to pack up my stuff and leave,
> because frankly this kind of attitude is getting on my last damn nerve.
>
> Clint
>
> --
> Clint Sharp
> New Media Guy & Technologist