Sent: Saturday, August 13, 2005 10:04 AM
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Questions Regarding Sponsorships, Underwriting, Ads, and Rates, etc.

Hope the 'I-word' (innovation) is discussed thoroughly throughout the
vlogosphere in the coming weeks.

As usual, thoughtfully expressed Mr. Baron.

High emotion often originates in frustration. Certainly, I'm
frustrated. And scared. What if it doesn't work? What if somebody
steals my ideas before I'm able to lay the groundwork? What if I fail?
What if . . .

Yeah.

High emotion.

Of one thing I am sure: being a part of this community is worth a lot
that is unmeasurable in dollars or sense but still tangible, spendable
(if not at the Apple Store) and bankable.

The vlogosphere is rich, rich beyond our wildest dreams and we don't
even know it. Something tells me that is the best kind of wealth to
have (and not because the government can't tax it - yet).

Jan

--
"It isn't done alone. Pay more."
http://fauxpress.blogspot.com

On Aug 13, 2005, at 9:12 AM, andrew michael baron wrote:

> To me its sad to see so many people here that love Videoblogging and
> want to do it all day not make any money from it.
>
> As a result, they have to spend their time making money doing other
> "related" things or activities that they don't like, or be poor and
> unhealthy.
>
> Its always better to make money doing things you like.
>
> I think that people who say they DONT want to make money from
> videoblogging, or say "I dont care", are basically saying that this
> is just a hobby for them and they dont take it very seriously (at
> least not as seriously as someone who wants to make a career out of it)
>
> 1) We all need money to live.
>
> 2) Most people claim you are happier and do better for the world when
> you make money from doing the things you enjoy.
>
> 3) People who do not want to make money from videoblogging, more-than-
> likely, dont take videoblogging as seriously as someone who wants to
> make a career out of it.
>
> 4) People who do not want to make money from videoblogging, will
> likely spend their lives doing other things to make money.
>
> 5) Many people are starting to get very frustrated and unreasonable
> because they are not making any money from doing what they love to do.
>
> 6) No one has really figured out a system that will work for more
> than just their individual situation, but more than likely a few
> popular models of revenue will emerge.
>
> 7) Now is the time to try and innovate. Especially before it all
> falls into more of the same kinds of business models.
>
> On Aug 12, 2005, at 8:25 PM, RadioMike Perazzetti wrote:
>

>> My colleague and I have been brainstorming podcasting ideas and we
>> figure the best way to do it and do it right is to obtain
>> underwriting,
>> sponsorships, and the like with advertising coming in at a close
>> second
>> or third.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Individual Fireant Explains