Joshua Kinberg wrote:

>I don't see how me stating the obvoius -- that Microsoft clearly uses
>Channel 9 to educate developers about Windows core technologies --
>means that I am somehow "drinking the Kool-Aid" on this one. Sure its
>marketing... the best kind of marketing educates people about your
>products. This is exactly what Channel 9 seems to be doing. Kudos to
>them. I hope more businesses begin to participate in this medium.

as someone who has been an MSDN developer for many many years, I can
tell you that there is much to enjoy on Channel 9, but little that is
useful in your day to day work.  It is mainly developer propogada (fun
stuff admittedly).

Channel 9's purpose is to build trust in Microsoft - they used to state
this right on the site - came from a fear of flying analogy

people were so afraid of microsoft that MS had to do this

some education - i guess you could say late night infomercials are also
educational ;)

as to more toding this: I imagine more will - it's clearly working

http://apperceptions.org
http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
http://spinflow.org
http://wearethemedia.com