hmmmm, good point sull. but you know me, I'm thinking p2p here and in that case it's not just a simple 1 to many (server-client) relationship between a content producer and their audience

in p2p land, there is a more viral distribution mechanism at play: I pull Josh Leo's feed and see something wonderful and drop it into a group and automatically provide both the push and the pull you mentioned.  The people in that group may do the same thing.  And so on.  Is that Josh's audience or mine or something else altogether?  Same is true to a degree for people who revlog (e.g., Josh Leo's Picks or Richard's Picks, etc).  The difference is that in a p2p environment, everyone revlogs (recasts?) to their peers (even if they don't contribute media, they may act as connectors).

Now to me, that's revolutionary!

markus