Hey, to each their own. If you want to see YouTube content, then
YouTube is the place for that. Now, if you want to see content from
all over the web delivered to you in a consistent interface with
cinematic controls and the ability to sync to portable devices....
well web-based won't do that for you.

Sending a link to your video to your mom is likely the best bet...
but, to get all videos from your mom and your friends in one place,
syndication is a pretty efficient model for that. I have well over a
hundred videoblogs that I keep track of in FireAnt. That ain't bad.

-josh