Agreed. Windows Movie Maker is free and already located on Windows XP.

But I dont recommend it.  It only makes WMV files. And doesnt burn to DVD. It's very limted on effects, tracks, transitions, timeline and export options. In my opinion, if your going to take the time to learn a consumer software for the first time it may as well be one of two best consumer versions.

But if the software HAS to be free forever, then use Movie Maker.

My .02,
Nerissa

Nerissa Oden

http://TheVideoQueen.com/blog.html
http://FreeVideoCoding.com
http://FreeMediaGuide.com
http://FreeVideoEditing.com

Where do Women get answers to their video questions?