> I am now convinced that exporting FCP or iMovie edited video to a new
> best quality DV file then importing that video to iDVD 5 then best
> quality burning a disk image then ripping an mpeg4 with HandBrake is
> the ONLY way I can figure out how to achieve good quality video at
> less than one MB per minute that I can produce with very little hocus
> pocus and no special incantation ceremonies.

I am compelled to ask what your exact settings are throughout this process.
Compression isn't new ground - there is over a decade of study on using
QuickTime alone. When you say you are trying to achieve "good quality video"
at less than one MB per minute, what does that mean? Do you have a target
resolution and bit rate you are aiming for? Are you attempting to get
specific smoothness or sharpness? Are you doing things to blur the
background to save pixel weight? There are very proven methods for getting
small file sizes, but it's unclear what your target is, other than one MB
per minute.

Jake Ludington

http://www.mediablab.com
http://www.podcastingstarterkit.com