Frankly, I was completely psyched about it! I felt like kicking
myself, though, as it's been almost a year since I discovered
vlogging and this group and while everyone else has lept on this
runaway train, I was battling illness and multiple life changes and
just recently (finally) bought a camcorder, which I have yet to
learn how to use (due to more changes, work, etc.). UGH!

So when I saw the news bit about this latest release I was like
DAMN! I felt like I'd totally missed the boat. And it is a boat that
I've been entirely excited about since I first learned of it all.

Well, at least I'm preparing. Got my blogware site, got my logo in
the works, got my domain name... sigh. Slowly but surely.

Anywhoo, I sent a link to the yahoo podcasters search thingy to a
friend in Portugal and he was like "ho-hum" - just not interested!
(?!?!) He creates electronic music, and we have a little indie label
for it and I thought he'd have been all over it.... but nooooo. When
I informed him of the video pod thing, I received zero response.
None. Nada. Zip.

What is wrong with people??? Can't they see what all this means???
Guess not!

I'm telling you... the days of the dinosaur (Network TV and even
current Cable News and TV) are waving bye-bye. It's a new world. An
interconnected world. Now we won't have to sit and be spoonfed all
the BS on TV. Now we can tell the TRUTH! No more of this canned crap
flying out of the boob tube. Now we'll all have our own independent
boob tubes. LOL. The consumer rules. The corporations are going to
have to suck up big time now! Just how are they going to spend their
advertising dollars now??? HA!

Whoever is in the entrepreneurial spirit out their and wants to run
snazzy campaigns for el-cheapo dollars had better leap on the band
wagon now. Soon all the pod casters are going to command the bucks.

Payback is a BITCH! :-P

Courtney

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Huth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Spent the day pretty excited about the new iPod and (especially)
iTunes. Tonight I was
> trying to explain to a friend how groovy it feels to have my vlog
listed in iTunes and even
> featured in one of the "video podcasts" sliders on the store.
>
> He didn't get it and couldn't understand why any of this made any
sense beyond a small
> curiosity or geeky fetish. After 30 minutes of instant messaging i
realized that he simply
> likes TV. He's fine with it the way it is. He was fine with the
public discourse around the
> election last year. He doesn't _want_ to join the conversation. in
his words, "I just want to
> go to work, make my car payments" (yes it is an SUV) "and watch my
Desperate
> Housewives."
>
> I had reached an impenetrable wall. Of course I have no response
for this. It was really
> weird to realize that this thing I am very passionate about
(cultural change around the way