courtwms777 wrote:
> Anywhoo, I sent a link to the yahoo podcasters search thingy to a
> friend in Portugal and he was like "ho-hum" - just not interested!

> What is wrong with people??? Can't they see what all this means???
> Guess not!

I've noticed over the years that things seem to start with a small
passionate group of dedicated believers, people motivated to do cool new
things and spread the word, but usually the masses just aren't ready for
it. Even the people who are traditionally viewed as 'visionary' are
often late to the party, but once they show up, they have influence over
more people.

I've seen it with weblogs, and rss, and podcasting, and I will soon see
it with videoblogging. Of course I'm not considered a visionary by more
than a few people, and no one really listens to me anyway. Though if we
all use our influence, we'll get the ball rolling faster, and once it's
rolling, there ain't no stopping it.

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/