Thanks Gena!  Yes the camcorders will be used in a variety of
situatons - but mainly shooting events (conferences, political
stuff, etc.)  Power supply - not sure - people will be traveling the
country recording things so I guess you want as much flexibility as
possible.  Output will probably be on blip.  And it's just for vlog-
ing.

What do you think of the JVC GZ-MG30?  Is it a big disadvantage not
to have firewire?  I'm thinking yes...

Thanks..tempted to go with a mid-level ($750) Sony perhaps...

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Gena" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi Dina, Need more information. What kind of vlogging are we
talking
> about?
>
> Do you need the camcorders to perform in a variety of situations?
From
> Mac to PC to Linux?
>
> What kind of power supply do you want to deal with or have access
to?

> What kind of recording media, tape, DVD, hard drive, memory card?
>
> What kind of output do you want to have: Web only? DVD? HD?
>
> Will you use the camcorders for other than vlogging purposes?
> Prosumer? Professional? If money is no object (love that phrase)
what
> would your dream camcorder look like?
>
> I have a few ideas on camcorders but need to know the starting
points.

> Gena  http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "dinarebecca"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there - I wonder if anyone has camera advice....I know
someone who
> > wants to buy a bunch of cameras for high-quality videoblogging.
He