--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> right... you had to drag the stuff in and it automatically converts.
> But it still had to convert. Its just that the interface was simple
> and intuitive. I would think that iTunes will try to make the process
> roughly the same for video on the iPod.
>
> -Josh

Perhaps I confused what Andreas was saying.  I thought he meant
software authors should only provide two codecs and have the user
figure out the rest.  He may have meant a content authors, in which
case I'm mistaken.

On software, I think it should automaticaly update perpetually and
across platforms.  It should always check for new updates.  And when
there's a new version, it should load a base updater with the option
to purchase the upgrade.  For different OSes software should have
installed base updaters for multiple platforms as much as possible, so
when in the future someone loads OS X on a system that also has Win
XP.  Then the software would give the option to purchase online the OS
X version, download and install it.

  -- Enric