--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Its probably not stretched vertically, but rather squashed
horizontally.

> Ive got a differnt SOny HDV camera but I believe the reason behind
> this is the same. The 16:9 HDV footage is captured at 1440x1080
> resolution, but to playback at the correct aspect ratio, it should
be
> displayed at 1920x1080.
>
> So encoding software that doesnt know the aspect ratio is 16:9, may
> make a mistake with final resolution. For example if I wanted to
> encode HDV to half resolution, it should be 960x540, not 720x540.
If I
> want to encode to full resolution it should be 1920x1080 not
1440x1080.

> Maybe you have a different problem, but this could well be your
> problem. What resolution are you encoding to? What encoder?
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve of Elbows
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "nikadigital" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > hello
> > is anybody else using the sony hdr-fx1 camera???
> > if they are, i have a question about the image, like the image
> > being streched vertical after encoded. it could be an optical
> > illusion, from the angle of the shoot.
> > thanks
> > nikadigital

THANKS STEVE
I HAVE BEEN SETTING SCREEN TO 1280 X 720 IN WINDOWS MEADIA ENCODER
THE PICTURE LOOKS GREAT BUT IT LOOKS SORTA STRECTED. I DON'T HAVE IT
POSTED YET, BUT GO TO www.nikadigital.com the link for the video is
on home page, just 22 mb ( taylor station band )
next time i will try your specs 1920 x 1080.  thanks for getting
back to me.    nikadigital