I need to provide a direct link for those without a video-enabled RSS
reader anyway.

Plus Blogger provides that as an option with the Link field. And
theoretically, FeedBurner can now just snag your first link and is
*supposed* to accept rel=enclosure (but I haven't gotten that to work,
and I stopped trying since the "link" field option works).

Here's what's wrong with the popup and link-through options:

1) POP-UPS. Am I the only person who still HATES POPUPS?!?!?!? I can't
stand them. Hates, hates hates. Maybe I should "get with the program,"
but popups suck.

2) Both of them require the user to make an extra click to get the
video. What's the point? I want the few people who actually view my
vlog in my blog space to just have a one-click option. Boom, you're on
my page? BOOM! There's the video! Click to play, you're done.

Since I know that means anyone visiting my vlog starts getting hit
with a big download, I  don't embed more than one video in a single
page, and my videos don't auto-play when they download, so people can
stop them from downloading (click ESC), or just not play them if they
don't want to.

--Stephanie

--
Stephanie Bryant