Remixing seems easy until you try it yourself.  Take someone else's video (not one you've thought a lot about) and find other videos that might complement it somehow.  Find the in point on the first video, then find the in and out point for the mix-in video.  Repeat that step a few times.

I'm not saying this is rocket science, but I don't see this as something that average web users will be doing either.  It's video search *plus* basic video editing.  Today, we're just starting to see halfway decent attempts at video search, and lots of great companies have been beating their heads against the wall for over a decade trying to enable average computer users to edit videos.

Then, the remix service would have to put both of these together into one easy-to-use interface.  I'm not holding my breath...

On Feb 11, 2006, at 3:35 PM, videoblogging@yahoogroups.com wrote:

Message: 14

   Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 14:39:50 -0800

   From: Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Dabble for net video

From speaking with Mary, yes they do have a quote/remix tool in the works.

Not sure how similar it will be to MeFeedia's version of that feature.

My personal opinion is that it still remains to be seen if people

actually would use such a tool. Quotes are nice (i certainly like

media in smaller chunks), but actually making the quotes requires a

high level of investment for the user, not to mention that much of the

content out there today doesn't really lend itself to being quoted

easily.

-Josh