Michael Sullivan wrote:
> I do think that it is more important to have email systems improved more so
> than having people switch to just RSS readers.  Some have tried to mimic
> email using RSS... which is interesting but i dont know if that can be a
> logical long-term solution. Maybe... and there are plenty of supporting
> arguments... but spam can infiltrate anything given time.  If most people
> used RSS and not email, RSS would have more spam than email ;-)  And people
> will always need and use email no matter what.

I use email for what it's good for, and I use RSS for what it's good
for. One more than one occasion I've found it nearly impossible to
unsubscribe from a mailing list or email newsletter. I can always
unsubscribe to an RSS feed. In this way, RSS puts the user in control,
and that's a good thing. I'm not one of those people who think "email is
broken" because I use it every day and it works pretty well. Ultimately,
I want a choice of either email or RSS (or whatever) as a delivery method.

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...