It's interesting. I find the experience of viewing a video within the
original blog entry more satisfying than moving that video into an
off-line state divorced from the host. When you break the vlog like
that you're unable to comment, you have disconnected the media.

You can argue all you want about "distribution" meaning "put it on a
disconnected device" but I call bullsh*t. It's completely valid to use
flv for distribution, in fact I'd argue it's more valid since it forces
the media to remain connected to the source.

Now you know I've tried Fireant on mac (and sent a donation:) from
early on and support your company's goal, however I think we all need
to encourage others to participate and develop tools, not dismiss their
efforts so quickly. I'm not using Fireant any longer, the experience is
not producing any gain for me. That said, I'm not against it and might
come around to using it again at some point, but vlogs feels
disconnected there. It looks like a good tool for transferring media to
portable devices, but when that happens the vloggyness is no more.
Please don't take this as a dis to Fireant, it isn't.

Just my $0.02 today. Let's encourage participation, let's be
constructive when we see TOS items we would like to have a conversation
about, let's be open to flv and connected vlogging, let's think about
the social opportunities for vlogging. That's why I'm always asking
questions and interested in hearing about new services.

--
cheers

Deconstructing the status quo, collaboratively

my vlog: http://r.24x7.com
good deal : http://foo.24x7.com