Yeah I dunno. I'm seeing it a lot on my server stats on Dreamhost
not Blip. I'm just having a hard time telling if it's actually
related to the numbers of movie downloads that I'm getting. If it's
just some kind of bot downloading all these .movs I'm gonna be
mighty pissed, cause I'm burning up a ton of bandwidth (well a ton
of bandwidth for me anyway).

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "BITS is a system service that applications can use to transfer
files
> asynchronously between a client and an HTTP server."
>
> "Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) is a Windows
component
> that asynchronously transfers files in the foreground or
background,
> throttles the transfers to preserve the responsiveness of other
network
> applications, and will automatically resume file transfers when a
> computer is restarted and a network connection is re-established."
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8c6ef6c8-
2abf-43c7-ab51-e0c53303086d&DisplayLang=en

> it appears that this is being used more in some products
>
> in my opinion, this is a Blip.tv reporting issue more than
anything else
> and I really wish they would address it as it's really annoying
>
> it's been mentioned several times in the blip group, but so far
nothing
> has been done about it
>
> i really wish blip would figure this out (it's fairly old MS
technology,
> I believe).
>

> Bill Streeter wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know what the hell "Microsoft BITS" is? and why does
it
> >show up in my server stats 10 times more than anything else? I
Googled