First off...*I* never asked a question. Learn reading skills.

Second. My conversations take place in person where I can see a
persons eyes. I trust about 1% of what I read online.

Last. I really dont care about being part of some vlog collective. The
original concept was for some people to group funds together for a
server that would host videos.

Care to dance a little more?

David
http://www.taoofdavid.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> when you ask a question on a message board, david, you will get many
> different ideas coming back. some, will be helpful to you. some might
> not be but may spark ideas in others. we call this conversation...
>
> ...so, gear down, big rig!
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Clint Sharp" <clint@> wrote:
> >
> > To second your concerns, I would add that Dreamhost or any of a
thousand
> > other hosting companies already do a good job of sharing servers
> > professionally.  I don't see any savings for anyone in trying to
do this
> > themselves as opposed to using a cheaper hosting provider.  Secondly,
> > Dreamhost offers 1 TB of transfer on a $10/mo hosting account,
when most
> > dedicated servers only offer 1.8 to 2 TB for a hosted server for
> somewhere
> > between $100-$200 a month.  The math doesn't add up if all you want
> to do is
> > host files.
> >
> > To get a better deal, you're really going to have to lease rack
> space in a
> > datacenter, buy some hardware and install it your self.
> >
> > Clint
> >
> > On 2/18/06, David Howell <taoofdavid@> wrote:
> > >
> > >  I am not interested in becoming part of some consortium of
vloggers.
> > > All I am interested in is a simple solution of a dedicated server
> > > where the bandwidth is reserved strictly for the use of hosting
videos
> > > off of. No home page. No listings. Just a file server is all I want.
> > > Blip and Ourmedia already do what it is you are talking about.
> > >
> > > I know I said that I would be interested in getting into this
however
> > > rather than get involved with a gazillion ideas of how people
want to
> > > try and become the next Blip or Ourmedia or Internet Archive, I
think
> > > I'll bail out of this idea right now and host my own videos myself.
> > >
> > > David
> > > http://www.taoofdavid.com

> shouldn't
> on the