hey,
it's a discussion, bro.
it's how realizations are formed.

- who said blip etc were bad options?
- who said paying for cheap shared server hosting was a bad option?

its not a discussion so much about is option 3 better than option 1 and 2 or is option 1 worse than blah blah....
it's about reviewing and considering the feasibility of these other options.
some inquiries had responses that were off-base, in my opinion.... but also some very good information was offered.
this is how you dredge up knowledge, learn and teach.

one thing that i repeatedly asked was regarding the data pipe you get with a free or cheap hosting service verses some of these dedicated or co-location options.  like i said,, this is the Performance variable that many many people seem most concerned with... not monthly allotments or monthly cost... it's 'will my video play immediately all the time'.  how many people bail out of watching a vid that doesnt load quick enough?  If a small group of vloggers shared a FAT pipe, you'de have a premium quality service for close to same cost.

regarding monthly bandwidth allotment limits and storage space limits..... a vlogger could be creative.... could do like blip does and cross-upload to IA for archival or cross-upload to any other server you may have access to.... you keep your most current videos on the fat pipe which is most ideal for VOD..... when these vids drop off your vodcast feed and into your archives, you can delete them and point to the mirror server(s) instead.
thats one approach to get around the aforementioned concerns.... while still serving your vids optimally

right?