actually it did that by default (though, now I'm glad to know this checkbox is there, in case it doesn't) so I said "duh" and then started dragging stuff over there and lo and behold ... an external hard drive ... of course, there is the issue that I do store some video blogs and podcasts ... thanks for the idea! ... richard

On 2/23/06, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Richard Show wrote:
> you know ... that's actually a really interesting idea, given that I have a
> 60gig I pod and alwasy delete stuff after watching it ... I'm not sure how
> that works to store regular stuff, like word files etc... but I might give
> this a try ... thanks for the suggestion ... Richard

In iTunes under the iPod preferences, there is a checkbox that says
something like 'Enable Disk Usage' which will allow your iPod to show up
on your desktop as just another hard drive.

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...