The Red Victorian is GREAT.   I haven't actually stayed there, but I've been through the lobby (a friend of my mother's owns it).  It's in the middle of the now faux hippie neighborhood and is just a block or two from Golden Gate Park.  A bit of a schlep to Journal Con, but I've had good reports about the hotel itself from people who have stayed there.
----- Original Message -----
From: Enric
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 9:38 AM
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: SF Vloggercon Hotels?

Well, ever since I looked around it a bit quite awhile back, I thought
the Red Victorian Bed, Breakfast and Art was quite nice. It's in the
Haight Ashbury not very far by cab or Muni (though Muni buses run
considerably slower above ground there.):

http://www.redvic.com/

  -- Enric

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "LeanBackVids.com"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not to be rude, but there isn't much to discuss... We are
> out-of-towners simply looking for someone to make hotel suggestions.
>
> It would be nice to know which places are close, clean and cheap (my
> personal order of importance).
>
> -Matt
> -----------------------
> http://vlogmap.org
> http://ridertech.com
> http://leanbackvids.com
>
> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Enric" <enric@> wrote:
> >
> > Why don't you all join tonight videoblogging Flash Meeting and we can
> > discuss where to stay and such.  5-6:30pm PST USA (8-9:30pm EST USA)
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/kzqvp
> > http://flash.kmi.open.ac.uk:8080/fm/index.php?pwd=4cf26a-3529
> >
> >   -- Enric
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Streeter" <bill@> wrote: