I'm not sure the OPML file would be so large.

The OPML file would have a single line of text for each blog containing
the RSS URL of the videoblog, along with some <elements> to make the
OPML work.
Let's imagine that each line of text was 1K (probably an overstatement,
but makes the math easy).  Then the OPML for 9,000 videoblogs would be 9MB.

The problem wouldn't be the OPML file--but what happened when you tried
to load all those videoblogs in your aggregator.  Probably explosions,
smoke, flame, toxic fumes ;)

This brings up a good question, how to make lightweight directories of
videoblogs.  OPML would be a good use of that, because it's used to make
outlines (like a tree structure).  Each person could edit their "branch"
of the tree.  But we'd need smart aggregators to be able to move from
branch to branch without downloading unless we really wanted to.
(Forgive me if the videoblog aggregators already do that.  I just got
started again with FireAnt, which I like a lot.  I had it on my old
computer, but then that computer died an ugly death, and it's taken me
awhile to get a new computer and get it all set up again).

Lisa Williams

Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 4/4/06, *Michael Sullivan* <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>
>     Ok, I use technorati but not until today did i go looking for an
>     OPML so I could export videobloggingweek2006 tag.
>     Can it be that they do not support OPML?  This is insane!
>

> If they did support OPML (to export the blogs being syndicated for a
> tag or whatever), the file would probably be HUGE (in most cases).
>
> Think about it.  Technorati (and the other blog search engines) are
> indexes millions and millions of blogs,  Potentially you could have
> enormously gigantic OPML files.  (Maybe something like OMPL files that
> are 9000 GB in size.)  And because of this, they probably thought that
> there is no point.  (Even in the cases where there are very few blogs
> show up for the tag/search.)
>

> See ya
>
> --
>     Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.
>
>     charles @ reptile.ca <http://reptile.ca>
>     supercanadian @ gmail.com <http://gmail.com>
>
>     developer weblog: http://ChangeLog.ca/
>        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>       <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

Lisa Williams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Google Talk: lisatmh

Places I blog:
Lisa Williams' Blog:
http://www.cadence90.com/wp/

H2otown, a citizen journalism site for Watertown
http://h2otown.info

OPML Fan, a blog tracking developments in OPML and the OPML Community
http://blogs.opml.org/thisislisa/