On 4/20/06, WWWhatsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Veoh allows distribution through it's P2P network but, apart from that,
what transcoding was involved? It's the original file that gets cached and distro'd.

Not sure where you've been for the last two weeks but, Veoh had sucked up a zillion RSS feeds and transcoded videos to flash. Then they were hosting them and displaying them on their site with no attribution and under thier own license.

Apple provides no linkback facility in iTunes, which has also built in transcoding
for transfer of vids to the (very commercial) iPod.

Apple does many things wrong but they're certainly not doing what Veoh was doing. If you search for me on the iTunes music store you will see a link to my videoblog (it says "website" with a little arrow next to it). Also the transcoding happens on your own computer. Apple isn't serving up any of my videos.

It's a huge difference.

-Verdi

joly

Me: http://michaelverdi.com