Hey Mike,
I'm not sure what problems you're having with the blip thumbnail code. I just tested it out in a blogger post and sidebar - it worked (though I had to tell it to ignore the _javascript_ error on the blog post).

The thing about thumbnails in general - it's an automated process. So it's not always going to be "the" frame for your video. Though it looks like Blip uses your image if you uploaded one with your video.

As far a Mefeedia goes, maybe Peter can say something about it, but the missing thumbnails are for videos it hasn't had the chance to get to. I don't know how long it takes. The nice thing about Mefeedia's thumbnails is that they'll work for all the videos in your RSS feed, no matter where they're hosted.

-Verdi