Hello David,

On 5/3/06, David Meade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
you know the other day when thinking about net neutrality and savetheinternet.com and what not ...

I started thinking .. what would we do if they messed up the internet this badly?  I started to envision a global darknet with city-wide wireless mesh networks and radio links between cities ... bypassing the backbone all together ... (The Short Wave Radio Operator in me really got excited about that) ...

Maybe we should really start drafting up plans. :-P

There's already grassroots wireless networks out there.

Here's one in my area: http://www.bcwireless.net/

There's grassroots networks like this all over the place.  Probably one in your area too

Get a router and help build the new network.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.

    charles @ reptile.ca